These pre-assembled 2 singlemode fibre, SMPTE cable assemblies use Neutrik opticalCON Advanced connectors. Assemblies manufactured by Bryant Unlimited will be made with Furukawa ARIB (2SM-9.2-37.5) spec cable. Cables purchased from Neutrik AG will probably be made with Belden 7804C.
These assemblies are not compatible to SMPTE 304M standard. They are only suitable for indoor (studio) camera links subject to specific conditions according to IEC 60664-1 such as pollution degree 1, overvoltage category 1 and rated voltage. For detailed information please download Neutrik White Paper "opticalCON SMPTE Applications" from the link under 'Related Items'.
The opticalCON system is based on LC-Duplex connectors but eliminates their weakness and guarantees a safe, dust protected and rugged connection. A suitable chassis connector, NO2-4FD-1-A offers a chassis ground contact.
The opticalCON Advanced DUO cable connector accommodates a standard optical LC-Duplex connector in a ruggedised and durable all-metal housing. It features a spring loaded push-pull locking mechanism and excellent cable retention using aramid yarn. The optical connection is exceptionally well protected against dirt and dust by an automatically operated sealing cover.
The cable connector comes pre-assembled and is not available as a single component. Assemblies are available in different lengths and are supplied either as a coil or on a drum.
Features & Benefits
- Rugged and dirt protected fibre optic connection system
- Dust and water resistant according to IP65 in mated condition
- Suitable for indoor (studio) camera links subject to specific conditions acc. to IEC 60664-1
- Cable connector features rugged all metal housing and heavy duty cable retention
- Excellent dust and dirt protection due to automatic sealing shutter with silicone gasket
- Reliable Push-Pull locking mechanism
- Easy to clean, no special tools required
These products are price on application. Please send a list of your requirements to our sales department for a quotation.